Coding in R for HR
Career • 26-Apr-2021
* Sergio García Mora, Data 4HR
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/sergiogarciamora
R is one of the most popular languages in Data Science, and typically associated with machine learning concepts, algorithms, and statistical analysis. However, R offers multiple solutions to the daily HR practice, like report automation, dashboards, and making presentations with data saving time and gaining precision. In this presentation we will talk about some barriers when learning to program in R and how to overcome them, myths, and some of the opportunities that this language offers to simplify our work.
This session will cover:
- Dealing with multiple sources of data (aka Excel files)
- Analysing any kind of data
- Sharing and reproducing analysis
- Starting your path into Data Science and Predictive Analytics
- The multiple possibilities R has to offer to daily HR tasks.
- Different kinds of analysis that are possible within R
- Packages for reporting, presentations, and dashboards
- The power of open source community, R User Groups, and free and high quality sources to learn.
- Knowing what HR can do using R for specific analysis, reports and daily tasks.
- Finding communities and sources for learning to code.
- Having fun coding.
Up Next in Career
A Human-Centered Approach to Effectiv...
* Bharath Nair - People Analytics Lead, Boston Consulting Group
Watch a preview here:: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/bharathnair
An approach to implement design thinking to build sustainable products/processes while addressing any People Analytics problem. If you are looking to better understa...
The 5 Pillars of Business-Aligned Peo...
*Stacia Garr - Co-Founder and Principal Analyst, RedThread Research
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/staciagarr
In this session, we will share our research on how People Analytics leaders have gone from providing basic, comparatively low-value data to building teams that are...
4 Ws and a How? A Framework to Commu...
* Sreyoshi Bhaduri - Manager, Global People Research & Analytics, McGraw Hill
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/sreyoshibhaduri
We live in a world that is increasingly consuming data and in doing so interacting with innumerable data visualizations. Some data visualization...