In a 2018 publication in Harvard Business Review, McKinsey introduced the role of Analytics Translator. The Analytics Translator bridges the gap between data expertise on the one hand and business expertise on the other hand. According to McKinsey, organisations now recognise that the success of analytics in an organisation is not only determined by data scientists, but by cross-functional teams consisting of data engineers, data architects, data visualisation experts, and (perhaps most importantly), Analytics Translators.
This session will explore:
- What is an analytics translator - and what is it not?
- What skills and competencies does an analytics translator require?
- How do you build a data-driven business with analytics translators?
- Do you fit the profile of an analytics translator?
- Why the Analytics Translator role is necessary for building a data-driven business
- A variety of use-cases developed by analytics translators
- How to start transforming your organisation to become a true data-driven business.