Effective Data Visualisation in Excel
All sessions from #PAWorld21 • 26-Apr-2021
* Jonathon Schwabish - Founder, PolicyViz
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/jonschwabish
Everyone who works with data needs to communicate their findings, their analysis, and their conclusions. It could be in an internal briefing or memo, a management report, an annual report or a scientific article. But how do you present your data in a powerful way? How do you achieve the goal of your presentation? How do you tell a story with your data to convince your reader or your audience? Knowledge about effective data communication is essential. In this presentation, we explore how to expand the data visualization capacities of the Microsoft Excel software tool. Though there are more and more tools available to analyze and visualization data, Excel continues to be the leader in the field, used by millions around the world every day.
- Moving beyond the basics in Excel requires some knowledge of how the tool works.
- Data analysts will likely be familiar with using the basic drop-down menus in Excel, but there's more to learn!
This session will explore:
- How to move beyond Excel defaults.
- How to encode everything in your charts with data. No text boxes, or drawing lines, shapes, and other objects.
- How to use data to add annotation to charts in Excel, generally.
- To see how different Excel chart types can be used more flexibly.
- How to create a custom color palette in Excel.
Up Next in All sessions from #PAWorld21
Workforce Planning for the Future Wor...
* Jordan Pettman - Global Head of People Analytics, Nestlé
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/jordanpettman
Workforce planning, at its core, has been executed in a pretty consistent way for about 30 years. So why is it important to refresh our thinking and approach our underst...
Defining the Future of Jobs and Skills
* Matt Sigelman - CEO, Burning Glass Technologies
Join Burning Glass Technologies CEO Matt Sigelman as he discusses data and the future of hiring at People Analytics World. During this presentation, Defining the Future of Jobs and Skills, he will discuss the changing genome of jobs and the shift...
From Employee Data to Skills Data: Th...
* Mikaël Wornoo - Founder & COO, TechWolf