* Peter Howes - Founder, Infohrm; former VP Workforce Planning & Analytics, SAP SuccessFactors
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/peterhowes
The session will explore options for the presentation and communication of People Analytics. Many People Analytic teams think of their job as providing the results of their analysis. In reality this is only half of the role. Analytics needs to be converted to “calls for action” through storytelling if it’s going to be truly impacting.
1. Many HR Practitioners and line managers don’t have the professional skills to correctly interpret the results and outputs from People Analytics teams and this runs the risk that they may misinterpret the results published by People Analytics teams. Storytelling address this challenge.
2. Many People Analytic teams see their role as publishing and disseminating the results of their analytics and reports. This is necessary but not sufficient. People Analytics teams need to to view decision making as the true outcome from their analysis and that storytelling is a core component of encouraging decision makers to take action based on the analysis.
This session will explore:
- Where does Storytelling fit into the People Analytics continuum from data to action.
- Why publishing People Analytics is not sufficient.
- Components of Effective Storytelling and their application to People Analytics.
- Key outcome from People Analytics Storytelling; making a compelling call to action.
- Understand the core components of effective storytelling
- Understanding how to Integrate Storytelling with People Analytics
- Commitment to Building Storytelling as a core competency of any People Analytics team.