So What? Driving Impact with People Analytics
Strategy • 28-Apr-2022
Good People Analytics teams surface insights. Great teams deliver outcomes through the actions of their clients. The difference is rarely the analysis itself; it's often preparing stakeholders for what they'll do next, and making specific next steps as concrete as possible. Three examples show the impact of better stakeholder management pre- and post-analysis.
Too many People Analytics projects have brilliant analysis, but fail to make impact because clients don't know how to act on their new knowledge. Helping clients understand what insight they need and what they'll do with it is important but not easy. Similarly, the insight must be connected to next steps that are as concrete as possible, making the handover to customers feel natural and empowering.
This session will explore:
- Why customers should be clear about what insight they're lacking in order to take action or decision.
- Why customers should know at what point they become responsible to act based on insights
- Why insight should stretch as close as possible to specific recommendations and be prescriptive.
- Skills in terms of consulting, contracting, and managing stakeholders
- An awareness or reminder that data science abilities are not enough to succeed, delivered through accessible, familiar and self-deprecating examples.
- Practical advice on how to deliver greatest impact in three common practice areas in People Analytics: attrition prediction, pay equity, and employee listening.
Up Next in Strategy
Transitioning to a Skills-Based Organ...
In today’s hypercompetitive market for talent, understanding the skills that will allow us to execute on our business strategies is becoming more important than ever. Learn how Caterpillar have rebuilt as a skills-based organisation to embrace the new realities of work, and how they measure succe...
Continuous Listening for Hybrid Worki...
Continuous Listening for Hybrid Working
While many employees are returning to the office, many more remain as hybrid or remote workers. This diverse model presents a challenge for gauging employee sentiment, whether through active surveys or passive monitoring. How do you create a system that is...
Building a Contemporary Technological...
Since 2021, Roche has made a significant investment in the area of People Insights, designing and implementing a state of the art technology infrastructure, a fundamental building block of analytics. Our fundamental goal is to provide game-changing people insights that are easy to engage with ahe...