Workforce Planning for the Future Workforce
Impact • 19-Apr-2021
* Jordan Pettman - Global Head of People Analytics, Nestlé
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/jordanpettman
Workforce planning, at its core, has been executed in a pretty consistent way for about 30 years. So why is it important to refresh our thinking and approach our understanding of supply, demand and gap differently now?
2020, changing employee experience expectations, deepening understanding of skills, now and how they'll be needed in the future, and ongoing environmental pressures enable us to to really drive evidence lead people strategy development through workforce planning to a whole new level.
- 2020 presented a change in ways of working and business models, introduced loads more technology and caused organisations to think about how they "get things done" today - and got them thinking about how they'll do it in the future.
- There is a direct link between the way we think we'll execute business tomorrow and the investments, not least of which would be in skills development and employee experiences that we will make today.
- The idea of future of work is ubiquitous. We need to be in a position to talk to employees about their future in the context of what our organisations are trying to achieve.
- The rate of change today is faster than ever before. Organisations need to be better at connecting their employees today to the organisations of the future, or risk losing them.
This session will explore:
- The changed business environment. Achieving the same - differently.
- How could we define what a workforce needs to deliver in order to achieve the outcomes the business seeks in the future?
- Workforce Planning, the age old process, with a difference.. How do we estimate the skills we have and the way skills change, and what impact do tasks being automated or augmented have?
- Influence on Talent strategy & career change pathing for people roles whose tasks could be automated/augmented
- Do we need a new name for this practice?
- You'll be inspired by the opportunity the future holds
- You'll understand the tie from HR intervention to business results, and how to use them to plan for talent actions
- You'll learn about a few academic studies
- You'll have a great time
Up Next in Impact
Using Predictive Analytics to Support...
* Andrew Papworth - Productivity and Cost Director, Lloyds Banking Group
* Justine Thompson - Head of Strategic Workforce Planning and Analytics, Lloyds Banking Group
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/lloydsbank
How Lloyds connected the dots mental health and wellbeing data, ...
The Perfect Match: People Analytics a...
* Patrick Coolen - Global Head of People Analytics, Strategic Workforce Planning and HR Survey Management, ABN AMRO
Patrick will be sharing the best practises of his team while setting up and growing the People Analytics expertise in ABN AMRO. Questions that will be adressed are: How are we buil...
Sustainable Productivity and Wellbeing
* RJ Milnor - Global Head of People Analytics, Uber
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/rjmilnor
How to create a productive work environment that encourages wellbeing during work-from-home.
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, and a large-scale shift to at least tempor...