Influencing Leaders through Analytics: Successes and Failures
Career • 28-Apr-2022
Influencing is the 'last mile' in analytics work.
For the most part, the output of a people analytics team is designed to influence others to make better decisions. We've all had moments of success in influencing leaders with analytics, and our share of failures.
This session will decode what makes a successful people analytics conversation successful, and lessons learned.
This session will explore:
- Why we invest in people analytics?
- Shouldn't the data speak for itself?
- Successes in influencing with data
- Lessons Learned.
- Concrete examples of how to drive action with your data
- Advice on the psychology of influence
- What not to do - how to avoid creating friction, confusion and resistance.
Up Next in Career
Storytelling: The Missing Link for Ma...
* Peter Howes - Founder, Infohrm; former VP Workforce Planning & Analytics, SAP SuccessFactors
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/peterhowes
The session will explore options for the presentation and communication of People Analytics. Many People Analytic teams think of the...
Communicating with Data Visualisation
* Tobias Sturt - Creative Director, Add Two Digital
A brief guide to communicating with an audience about data through shaping and showing visual stories. Introducing a fundamental process and outlining practical approaches and techniques.
Communicating with and through data visualisation is a ...
Using People Analytics to Tell a Stor...
* Heather Whiteman - People Analytics Lecturer, University of California
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/heatherwhiteman
Wondering how you can build a business case and drive action in your organisation through People Analytics?
In this session, you'll get insights into h...