Communication Matters - What HR can Learn from Sports Journalism
All sessions from #PAWorld21 • 19-Apr-2021
* Ben Teusch - People Analytics Business Partner, Facebook
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/benteusch
Insights and predictions, however robust and useful, must be presented in a way that makes sense for the audience, connects with them, and leads them to take action. If the data isn’t acted upon, there can surely be little value in having it.
Sports reporting gives a good example of how often large data sets can be simplified and effectively communicated to a broad audience, with no assumptions about data literacy. Facebook’s Analytics Business Partner position must do just this.
Learn how the seemingly-unrelated field of sports journalism can give very helpful guidance for HR and People Analytics in getting the message across using data.
The best analyses aren't useful if they aren't communicated so an audience can understand them.
It is hard to find good examples of people analytics communication because of privacy.
Sports reporting is a form of people analytics communication that is tailored for a specific, non-technical audience.
This session will explore:
- Why it's worth taking time to communicate the results of our analyses
- How sports reporting gives good examples of how we can communicate people analytics results
- How Facebook organizes its team to help ensure results are communicated effectively
- Examples of how to share people analytics results.
- How to share people analytics results
- How to learn a skill from an adjacent field
- How to organize a people analytics team to maximize effective communication.
Up Next in All sessions from #PAWorld21
Building a High-Performing and Scalab...
* Manisha Singh - VP Employee Experience, Analytics & Digital HR, AstraZeneca
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/manishasingh
In People Analytics functions, we are already working overtime to satisfy the ever-growing demand for more reports, dashboards, and insights to ena...
Driving Success From Anywhere Using P...
* Ernest Ng - VP Global People Strategy & Analytics, Salesforce
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/ernestng
The office as we used to know it isn't coming back, employees will want flexibility and with that we need to think about how we drive success from anywhere.
Blockchain and the Decentralised Work...
* Andy Spence - Workforce Futurist, Glass Bead Consulting
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/andrewspence
This session will describe how an increasingly decentralised workforce will utilise digital infrastructure to achieve their economic potential outside of traditional emplo...