We have been on a journey for nearly 2 ½ years, building out our People Analytics infrastructure and technology foundation for democratising data and analytics to HR. As well as HR, we have also partnered with other corporate functions (e.g. Facilities, Business Continuity, IT).
Covid-19 greatly accelerated the need for People data to help ensure the safety of our workforce and also manage our operations and worksites across NBCUniversal. The foundation that has been built from a People Analytics perspective is now helping to shape thinking across Corporate (Finance in particular) around how they build out their own analytics technology and structure their team.
In this session, Jamie Nevshehir and Lynette Carlson explore the journey that NBCUniversal has taken to build a foundation for People Analytics, and how that infrastructure is now helping other corporate functions.
This session will explore:
- What are the critical components that form a solid foundation for People Analytics and wider Corporate Analytics?
- How do you best structure your Analytics architecture so that it can be leveraged by multiple groups?
- Governance, data privacy and other considerations to think through as you expand beyond just People data
- The People Analytics journey at NBCUniversal – setting the foundation!
- Analytics architecture – going beyond People Analytics
Moving to a Corporate Analytics model – governance, data privacy and other considerations.
- An understanding of the key building blocks that ensure a strong foundation for People Analytics
- The key things to think about when building a technology stack to support analytics
- How People Analytics can help pave the way for Finance and other functions
- Our own learnings in data governance, data privacy and leveraging best practice from other Analytics groups across the company
- Understanding of People Analytics in the media Industry.