People Analytics as a Foundation for Corporate Analytics
Strategy • 27-Apr-2022
We have been on a journey for nearly 2 ½ years, building out our People Analytics infrastructure and technology foundation for democratising data and analytics to HR. As well as HR, we have also partnered with other corporate functions (e.g. Facilities, Business Continuity, IT).
Covid-19 greatly accelerated the need for People data to help ensure the safety of our workforce and also manage our operations and worksites across NBCUniversal. The foundation that has been built from a People Analytics perspective is now helping to shape thinking across Corporate (Finance in particular) around how they build out their own analytics technology and structure their team.
In this session, Jamie Nevshehir and Lynette Carlson explore the journey that NBCUniversal has taken to build a foundation for People Analytics, and how that infrastructure is now helping other corporate functions.
This session will explore:
- What are the critical components that form a solid foundation for People Analytics and wider Corporate Analytics?
- How do you best structure your Analytics architecture so that it can be leveraged by multiple groups?
- Governance, data privacy and other considerations to think through as you expand beyond just People data
- The People Analytics journey at NBCUniversal – setting the foundation!
- Analytics architecture – going beyond People Analytics
Moving to a Corporate Analytics model – governance, data privacy and other considerations.
- An understanding of the key building blocks that ensure a strong foundation for People Analytics
- The key things to think about when building a technology stack to support analytics
- How People Analytics can help pave the way for Finance and other functions
- Our own learnings in data governance, data privacy and leveraging best practice from other Analytics groups across the company
- Understanding of People Analytics in the media Industry.
Up Next in Strategy
Building a Winning People Analytics P...
People analytics transforms organisations. From recruiting to retention, people data touches every aspect of the employee lifecycle, and organisations that tune into it can save money, increase diversity, and hold onto their most valuable employees.
But most organisations are leaving insights o...
So What? Driving Impact with People A...
Good People Analytics teams surface insights. Great teams deliver outcomes through the actions of their clients. The difference is rarely the analysis itself; it's often preparing stakeholders for what they'll do next, and making specific next steps as concrete as possible. Three examples show th...
Transitioning to a Skills-Based Organ...
In today’s hypercompetitive market for talent, understanding the skills that will allow us to execute on our business strategies is becoming more important than ever. Learn how Caterpillar have rebuilt as a skills-based organisation to embrace the new realities of work, and how they measure succe...