People Analytics to Support a Decentralised Operating Model
Strategy • 20m
* Jamie Nevshahir - Director HR Operations & People Analytics, NBC Universal
* Lynette Carlson - Senior Manager People Analytics, NBC Universal
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/nbcuniversal
Every organisation is different and there is no "one size fits all" in terms of how you structure your People Analytics team or how you conduct analysis. Having a decentralised business can sometimes be seen as a challenge, however, getting the right balance of where Analytics expertise is placed and how you structure your People Analytics team can make all the difference. NBCUniversal, like a lot of other businesses, is federated e.g. businesses span a number of different facets i.e. TV, Film, News, Sports and Theme Parks. This creates a unique culture and dynamic but also add a level of complexity when it comes to People Analytics. In this session Jamie Nevshehir and Lynette Carlson explore how a decentralised operating model can provide a unique advantage in terms of getting closer to the business challenges and uncovering tangible benefits from people data. Jamie and Lynette, through the example of NBCUniversal, will discuss how working in a decentralised HR structure with Analysts at a business level has helped to uncover real tangible People Analytics outcomes and insights.
Decentralised operating models have their challenges and advantages - being more decentralised forces you to work closer with the different businesses and facets with your organisation - you get deeper insights! The flip side is that, as a result of greater business autonomy, it can be challenging productise People Analytics offerings e.g. dashboards or tools that fit the needs of all the businesses.
This session will explore:
- How do you best structure your People Analytics team when your business is decentralised?
- What are the things to think about in terms of building a People Analytics technology architecture when working with a decentralised operating model?
- What are the advantages and challenges when conducting People Analytics within decentralised HR operating model?
- Structuring your People Analytics organisation when operating in a decentralised operating model
- Building a People Analytics technology architecture to support a decentralised operating model
- Understanding of People Analytics in the media Industry
Up Next in Strategy
People Analytics - Why It Matters Mor...
* Kathi Enderes - VP Research, Josh Bersin Academy
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/kathienderes
In three different research studies in the last six month, Josh Bersin Research identified the practices that matter to business, people and innovation outcomes - in areas of bus...
Key Insights for a Post-COVID People ...
* Jim Matthewman - CEO, Talent Springboard
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/jimmatthewman
As organisations reset their Corporate and People Strategies for 2021-2025, we need to bring a new set of insights to the Leadership Table. Jim focuses on how organisations can track th...
Key Elements for a Successful Digital...
* Rodolphe Guerin - Group Head of People Analytics, Roche Pharmaceuticals
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/rodolpheguerin