Planning for the future is key for long term business success. Understanding how the organisation will change allows us to plan for the future to ensure the right workforce is in place to execute the business plans. Strategic workforce planning is the process through which we identify and address critical capability gaps between the current workforce and future needs. At L&G, we use the SWP framework to translate business strategy into workforce strategy and include people insight into the business planning process.
SWP can be a complex process, and to be effective at scale, it must be digitised to handle the increasing volume of data that must be weighed when making decisions. The tools and taxonomies on the marketplace can be prohibitively expensive, and building your own generally requires even more investment and a software development team.
It turns out there's a solution to this problem that's likely to be in your tech stack already. What can you do to digitise your SWP using resources you already have?
The session will explore:
- Digitalising strategic workforce planning using existing capabilities
- Innovating and simplifying to drive adoption and action
- The challenge we faced, solution we put in place, results so far
- Art of possible – what’s next.
- See how you can digitise SWP using tools and skills you already have at your organisation
- Understand how we put our philosophy into practice: dream big, start small, grow with the flow
- Learn how to inform workforce strategy in a federated business model.