Finding the Hidden Patterns in Gender Pay Gap Data
Career • 27-Apr-2022
How can HR professionals leverage data to find hidden patterns in the gender pay gap without being data scientists? This case study demonstrates how HR professionals' analytical mindset is changing, and how they can work with data scientists to move beyond simple metrics to develop impactful people analytics practices.
The gender pay gap exists despite regulation, hype, and preoccupation with the subject. The extra mile that HR and People Analytics professionals should go leads into analytics skills and critical thinking. This presentation binds the two ends, presenting both a case study with practical advice on the topic and an opportunity to challenge and employ your own critical thinking. A deeper glance into the topic, based on data, analytics, and visualisation, will be offered in a separate workshop.
This session will explore:
- Why are we failing to see the hidden patterns in the gender pay gap?
- Demonstrating some hidden patterns in the pay gap data
- How HR professionals can work better with data scientists to spot the hidden patterns
- Generalising the case study for up-skilling and re-skilling in critical thinking and an analytical mindset
- How to explore the gender pay gap beyond simple metrics
- How to work better with a data scientist to have greater impact
- How to develop and improve your critical thinking and analytical mindset.
Up Next in Career
Systems Theory in People Analytics: E...
An overview of how concepts of systems theory can help people analytics and other HR professionals make the right decisions and navigate through complex problems.
Systems theory is at the core of effective problem solving and knowledge of some of its key concepts is vital for all HR professional...
Really Understanding Employee Feedback
This session will address how to use large volumes of open-text data, for example the answers of a text question in an employee survey to identify issues, potential solutions and where to focus action. We'll start with an overview of best-practice approaches developed for 'small data' solutions a...
Beyond Headcount & Metrics: Stories T...
Tell your people stories to demonstrate the readiness of your company for uncertainties and unforeseen events.
With the global events of the past couple of years, and the shift in SEC Human Capital Disclosure requirements, people analytics had gained a seat in the boardroom. Traditional headcoun...