Really Understanding Employee Feedback
Career • 27-Apr-2022
This session will address how to use large volumes of open-text data, for example the answers of a text question in an employee survey to identify issues, potential solutions and where to focus action. We'll start with an overview of best-practice approaches developed for 'small data' solutions and extend this to how a combination of human & AI can address today's big-data, multi-lingual situations.
The session will finish by discussing how to use text in a mixed-methods approach, and a discussion of strategies to use to effectively use qualitative and quantitative data to solve today's organisational challenges.
People Analytics teams in large organisations are increasingly having to deal with large volumes of text data, but the typical barrier that analyses hit is a 'so what?' from executives and other stakeholders. Most text analyses only scratch the surface of what is necessary to inspire effective change. Analysts too often approach text from a technical perspective, eager to apply the latest library or technique, without considering how skilled researchers have been tackling this challenge manually for decades.
This session will explore:
- The approaches qualitative researchers have developed to make sense of text data
- The history of 'AI' based text analytics
- What makes a good text analysis
- Story telling with text data
- Idea 5: Mixed methods approaches and research strategies.
- Knowledge of pragmatic strategies of how to use text data to drive change
- An understanding of text analysis - how to identify what will be needed
- Knowledge of established techniques, and how to apply AI and machine learning at scale.
Up Next in Career
Beyond Headcount & Metrics: Stories T...
Tell your people stories to demonstrate the readiness of your company for uncertainties and unforeseen events.
With the global events of the past couple of years, and the shift in SEC Human Capital Disclosure requirements, people analytics had gained a seat in the boardroom. Traditional headcoun...
Influencing Leaders through Analytics...
Influencing is the 'last mile' in analytics work.
For the most part, the output of a people analytics team is designed to influence others to make better decisions. We've all had moments of success in influencing leaders with analytics, and our share of failures.
This session will decode what m...
Storytelling: The Missing Link for Ma...
* Peter Howes - Founder, Infohrm; former VP Workforce Planning & Analytics, SAP SuccessFactors
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/peterhowes
The session will explore options for the presentation and communication of People Analytics. Many People Analytic teams think of the...