Communication Matters - What HR can Learn from Sports Journalism
Career • 19-Apr-2021
* Ben Teusch - People Analytics Business Partner, Facebook
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/benteusch
Insights and predictions, however robust and useful, must be presented in a way that makes sense for the audience, connects with them, and leads them to take action. If the data isn’t acted upon, there can surely be little value in having it.
Sports reporting gives a good example of how often large data sets can be simplified and effectively communicated to a broad audience, with no assumptions about data literacy. Facebook’s Analytics Business Partner position must do just this.
Learn how the seemingly-unrelated field of sports journalism can give very helpful guidance for HR and People Analytics in getting the message across using data.
The best analyses aren't useful if they aren't communicated so an audience can understand them.
It is hard to find good examples of people analytics communication because of privacy.
Sports reporting is a form of people analytics communication that is tailored for a specific, non-technical audience.
This session will explore:
- Why it's worth taking time to communicate the results of our analyses
- How sports reporting gives good examples of how we can communicate people analytics results
- How Facebook organizes its team to help ensure results are communicated effectively
- Examples of how to share people analytics results.
- How to share people analytics results
- How to learn a skill from an adjacent field
- How to organize a people analytics team to maximize effective communication.
Up Next in Career
Our End-to-End Dashboard Design Process
* Harry Metcalf - Global People Analytics Specialist, Nestlé
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/harrymetcalf
I'm going to share our experience at Nestle of Business Intelligence dashboards within HR. This will be a conceptual, non-technical look at how and why we build dashboa...
Measuring Relationships and Impact Us...
* Adam McKinnon - People Data and Analytics Lead, Reece Group
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/adammckinnon
A series of case studies demonstrating the use of people analytics to understand relationships and quantify impact in HR settings.
- A practical demonstration of the ...
Inclusive, High-Performance Dashboard...
* Teneika Askew, former Head of People Analytics, Mozilla
When designing a dashboard, are you prioritising accessibility and performance, or aesthetics?
Teneika will lead a practical session that explores and explains design principles that will help you create high-performing dashboards that a...