* Tobias Sturt - Creative Director, Add Two Digital
A brief guide to communicating with an audience about data through shaping and showing visual stories. Introducing a fundamental process and outlining practical approaches and techniques.
Communicating with and through data visualisation is a different practice to analysing or monitoring data. And it's different for every different audience. Communication requires understanding not just your data, but also your audience; what you want to tell them but also what they want to know.
This session explores:
- A process for defining and telling stories with data
- Strategies for outlining & structuring a story
- Processes for showing data and structuring visuals
- Understanding the importance of thinking from the audience's point of view
- Knowing how to structure a story
- Knowing the fundamentals of visual storytelling