Building a Skills Taxonomy
All sessions from #PAWorld21 • 26-Apr-2021
* Alessandro Linary - People Analytics UK Lead, Vodafone
Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/tucanaglobal/alessandrolinari
Having an accurate and complete skills taxonomy allows for far more effective workforce planning and sourcing, and can advise strategic decisions across the business. But for a transforming organisation with operations across multiple business units, creating something accurate, adaptable and scalable is no easy task.
At Vodafone UK, they have explored what it takes to build a universal skills taxonomy that can accurately describe every role in the workforce.
Alessandro will present the methodology he and his team have used to approach this mammoth task, some valuable lessons learned so far, and the roadmap ahead.
- For accurate workforce planning, sourcing and internal mobility, it's important to have a clear picture of the skills your organisation has and needs
- In a large and complex workforce, this is no easy task - how can the engine behind the numerous operations and deliveries that your company produces be distilled into a specific and discrete hierarchy of skills?
- Who needs to be consulted in this process, how do you verify the answers you get, and how can you be sure your taxonomy reflects the reality of your global business operations?
This session will explore:
- Why business need a skills taxonomy
- The main technical challenges of building a taxonomy
- Insight into the complexity of building a skills taxonomy for an organisation
- Examples of insights that can be extracted from skills data once it is integrated with other HR systems
- What we have learned so far on our journey
- Things to be aware of when planning your own skills taxonomy
- Advice on the stakeholders you need to involve
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Setting realistic goals and milestones, and what to bear in mind to ensure the long-term longevity of your project.
Up Next in All sessions from #PAWorld21
Building Analytics Communities and Ne...
* Delia Majarín - Head of Engagement and People Analytics Community Lead, Telefónica; co-manager, People Analytics Spain Meetup
* Eva Murray - Senior Evangelist, Snowflake; Author & Founder, #MakeoverMonday
* Neil Richards - Head of BI EMEA, JLL; Knowledge Director, Data Visualization Socie...
Communicating with Data Visualisation
* Tobias Sturt - Creative Director, Add Two Digital
A brief guide to communicating with an audience about data through shaping and showing visual stories. Introducing a fundamental process and outlining practical approaches and techniques.
Communicating with and through data visualisation is a ...
How to Deliver Value for the Business...
* David Green - Managing Partner, Insight222
- Current and emerging trends in people analytics
- Case studies and leading practices from global organisations
- How to create business and employee value from people analytics
People Analytics is not about HR. People Analytics is about the busines...